Custom fields settings
Use custom fields to set custom data points you want to track for your users.
- Creating custom fields
- Updating or deleting custom fields
- Using user custom fields
- Valet order custom fields
- Business custom fields
Custom fields allow you to create your own custom data points and types of data that you want to track or use within the system.
There are different types of custom fields:
- User custom fields: Custom data points to track for each user
- Valet order custom fields: Custom data points for valet orders
- Business custom fields: These can be used in a variety of ways for broader customisation on the business level and are primarily designed for customised integrations using the API.
You can set whether these should be visible in the customer portal and whether they are required fields or not.
* Important*: Custom fields should be used carefully, particularly considering these may store Personally Identifiable Information. Therefore we strongly encourage you to limit these to just the data you need in order to transact with your clients and manage your business.
Creating custom fields
In the Custom fields settings tab, click on the + icon to open the modal to add a new user custom field.
The system identifier for the item. This must be all lowercase letters without spaces (use a _ instead of a space).
The title of the Custom field that will show in the Customer Portal and Management Portal.
Choose whether you want this to be a required field in order for a customer to complete an order. If checked, the customer won't be able to proceed unless they complete the required information for this Custom field.
This setting determines whether the Custom field will be (i) visible to the customer ( Read only) ; visible & editable (Read & update) ; or not visible to the customer.
Note: Custom fields for the user app are currently only available for the self storage customer portal. They will be available for valet storage operators to use in the customer portal in the future. Currently valet storage operators can use this feature only in the Management Portal.
You can choose from 5 different types of Custom fields. Selecting different types can change the other settings. Once a Custom field is setup, the Type cannot be changed.
These types of Custom fields can be used to provide freeform text boxes or a dropdown selector of options for the user to choose from.
- Freeform text box: In the case that you want this to be a freeform text box, leave the Choices section blank.
- Dropdown selector: If you want to provide a fixed set of options for the customer to choose from, enter each option on a separate line in the Choices section.
- String parameters: In the case that you set this up a freeform text box and you want to set a minimum length and/or a maximum length for what the user can enter, input the min / max length in the String parameters section. This can be left blank if you don't want to set a min and/or max length.
This will provide a calendar / date selector for setting this Custom field.
This will allow users to upload files. Use this in the case you want customers to upload copies of their IDs; proof of address; etc.
Note: Files uploaded must be under 5MB per file. If you are uploading multiple files for multiple custom fields at the same time, all files in aggregate must be under 5MB. Therefore if you need to upload multiple files of larger sizes, these must be done each as a separate update.
Customers will be required to input a number which can include decimal places. You can use the Number parameters to set a min and/or max value for the number.
Customers will be required to input a whole integer number (which cannot include decimal places). You can use the Number parameters to set a min and/or max value for the integer.
Updating or deleting custom fields
You can make changes to or delete a custom field by clicking on the custom field.
Note: You can only delete Custom fields if they are not being used. If you have users that have that Custom field set on their account, you will need to clear the data on the users account first before you can delete the Custom field.
Using user custom fields
In the Management Portal
Custom fields can be edited from the Management Portal via the User details section of a user's profile.
In the Customer Portal
Users will be prompted to enter the Custom fields during sign up or creating an order.
Valet custom fields
Valet custom fields can be used as a means to store extra information on a valet order such as postcode information; whether there are special delivery considerations; etc.
Valet custom fields will then appear in the valet order summary page and corresponding data on the custom field can be inputted for the corresponding valet order there.
Business custom fields
Business custom fields can be used to create extra settings or configuration parameters. These can then be used in a variety of ways for custom work such as in a customised user interface or a custom integration with another system using the API.
Business custom fields will then appear in the General settings tab where the respective data for that custom field can be entered and updated.